Guided and self-guided Backcountry Ski Hut
West yellowstone, Montana
COVID 19 Update: In an effort to assist groups in making good choices and to prevent the spread the following precautions are being taken:
- Sleeping bags will NOT be provided by Hellroaring at the hut, guests should bring their own sleeping bag
- All surfaces, including sleeping pads, cooking surfaces, and hut interior will be sanitized between trips
- Groups are encouraged to fill trip spots with close friends and family members
- Reduce and guided trip in order to reduce potential exposure to parties from different geographic areas
- Hellroaring will re-book any trip that cancels due to COVID-19, at no cost during the 20/21 season
- All groups are encouraged to self-monitor and use good judgement during trip planning and execution as a consideration to others
Hellroaring Powder Guides offers self-guided and guided backcountry skiing based out of our legendary ski hut. The Centennial Mountains feature some of Montana’s greatest ski terrain on the Continental Divide with elevations over 10,000′ and an annual snowfall of 400″+.
Trips are based out of the Hellroaring Hut; a fully furnished refuge deep in the Centennial Mountains, one of the first in Montana. Accessing the hut requires a scenic 7 mile snow-machine ride to access the Wilderness boundary. From the boundary, it is a mellow 2.75 mile “skin” to the hut with roughly 1,000′ of elevation gain. (Backcountry Touring Gear is Required).
- Self-Guided and Guided trips Available
- 6 Skier Capacity
- Nightly rate: $400 (A single $200 fee is assessed for using Hellroaring machine(s) on the 2-way shuttle)
Please email for guided pricing and current specials. A 50% deposit at booking is required to reserve dates. GREEN dates are available. PURPLE dates are reserved for Avalanche Level 1 Course, and YELLOW dates are available for single guests to sign up as part of a larger group.
Hellroaring Powder Guides is operated under special use permit with the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest. HPG is an equal opportunity provider.
*Please include dates you are interested in as well as group size.